I thought I’d start collating all posts that relate to campsites I have stayed in. Perhaps it will be useful to others or even just as a place for me to refer back to.
- Amity Point Camp (Stradbroek Island) – May 2014 (delightful and friendly)
- Bradbury’s Beach Camp (Stradbroke Island) – March 2014 (no security but lovely spot)
- Jacobs Well Tourist Park (Jacobs Well) – April 2014 (friendly, relaxed and clean)
- Thunderbird Park camp ground (Mt Tamborine) – April 2014 (campfires allowed, gurgling creek, bush sites but have to pay $2 for showers)
- Big Bend camp (Carnarvon Gorge) – April 2014 (10km hike to get there but so worth it!)
- Oakey Caravan Park (Oakey) – April 2014 (good for an overnight on the way through town but bring earplugs to drown out the sound of the goods trains that rumble past across the road)
- Takkarakka Bush Resort (Carnarvon Gorge) – April 2014 (fantastic! bring the family and stay a few days)